False Sense of Security!
Firewalls, System Backups, Anti-Virus, Complex Passwords, Dual-Factor Sign-On, Spam Filtering, etc, etc, is all great and necessary; but these areas can only give one a false sense of security. 91% of hacking starts with phishing emails. That means security begins and ends with users. Users need to be trained on what to look for in emails. 62% of organization are still failing to test user awareness regarding Phishing.
Phishing is a form of fraud in which the attacker tries to learn information such as: usernames, passwords, or credit card information by pretending to be a reputable entity or person in email.
Did You Know?
- 30% of Phishing Emails Get Opened
- 97% of People Cannot Identify a Sophisticated Phishing Email
- 9 out of 10 Phishing Email Carried Ransomware, reported March 2016
- The Average 10,000 Employee Company Spends $3.7 Million a Year Dealing with Phishing Attacks
- Phishing Scams Cost American Businesses $500 Annually
We at ITConnexx have a partner in developing Fake Phishing Campaigns to train users and drive awareness. In fact, we conduct fake phishing campaigns within our own organization full of highly trained Network and Systems Engineers; and we have caught ourselves on occasion.
It’s all about learning to recognize threats and spreading awareness. Call or contact us and we will Solve Problems and Make You Feel More Secure! See what we did there? That is a play on our company motto and creed. “Solving Problems and Making People Happy.”
ITConnexx 800-797-0345 or email@example.com