Here on the Frozen Tundra we are accustomed to preparing for what winter loves to throw at us. Are you Prepared?
With Winter upon us, it’s a crucial time to prepare your business and the potential for what winter storms may bring. Here are some things to think about:
- Check your Remote Access Connection. Are you able to login remotely from home and other locations should you be snowed in?
- Backups. Are your backups up to date. (If you are an ITConnexx Partner, we have you covered!)
- Disaster Recovery. Is there a disaster recovery plan in place, and more importantly, has it been tested? (If you are an ITConnexx Partner, we have you covered!)
- Test Your Emergency Communications Plans. Consider testing your employee notification plan with employees.
- UPS Battery Backup. Last time your UPS battery backup was tested? When’s the last time it was replaced?
- Emergency After Hours Support. (Exclusive service provided by ITConnexx. Non published after hours phone number provided to your Leadership Team)
- Utilities. Collect the names and phone numbers of your heating contractor, plumber, fire department, insurance agent, and building owner and ensure they are easily accessible.
- Contact Information at Hand. Have all employees, vendors, and client contact information on hand.
With the right disaster recovery plan, your business can weather the winter storms. Contact us to learn more about preparing your IT infrastructure for potentially catastrophic events.