We live in the cyber world here at ITConnexx. 10 out of 11 nerds in our office surveyed (kind of like the 4 out of 5 Dentists) either preferred or conducts all their shopping online. Go figure!
Whether you’re shopping deals for yourself, or finding gifts for family and friends, follow our tips below to ensure a safe online shopping experience!
- Use anti-virus and anti-phishing software on your computer to prevent viruses and phishing scams, and protect your personal information.
- While shopping, ALWAYS verify that you are on a safe site by looking for the https:// in the URL field.
- Be very cautious of any links that come your way via E-mail, social media, and advertisements; and delete or avoid anything that looks suspicious or too good to be true. (Because as they say, it almost always is too good to be true)
- Use protected payments (like your credit card) and only provide your payment information under a secure, password protected network. Online shopping through the Public WiFi at your local coffee shop is a no-no!
- Check out Cyber Deals. It’s not just Cyber Monday anymore! More like Cyber Christmas.